How well do you know England’s many counties?
Take our quiz and find out (answers are below).
1. My county town is Truro.
2. Locals claim I am ‘God’s Own Country’
3. I am the most Eastern county in England
4. I am England’s smallest county.
5. I am home to the pretty town of Shrewsbury.
6. The River Orwell runs through me.
7. Thomas Hardy called me home.
8. I am known for the drink cider.
9. One of my towns is Boston.
10. One of my key attractions is Dartmoor.
11. My largest town is Chester.
12. My county symbol is a red rose.
13. Rugby is one of my largest towns.
14. I have the word ‘County’ in my name.
15. A ?????? Old Spot is a breed of pig associated with me
16. I am considered the home of fox hunting, with the famous Quorn hunt based here.
17. Stonehenge is situated in this county.
18. I am home to the rugged Peak District National Park
19. Windsor Castle and the town of Reading are within my boundaries.
20. I am home to Colchester, Britain’s oldest recorded town.
3. East Anglia
14. County Durham
19. Royal Berkshire