1. I am a small island off the South West coast of Cornwall, famous for its gulf stream heated water.
2. I used to be England's most dreaded prison. Former inmates include Elizabeth I, Anne Boleyn and Rudolf Hess.
3. I am a city whose residents are known as Geordies.
4. I am a museum based in a former power station on the Thames in London. I opened in the year 2000.
5. I am a northern university city, whose cathedral home is to the tomb of the Venerable Bede.
6. I am a county containing the towns of Chelsford, Southend On Sea and Colchester
7. I am a naval vessel moored next to Tower Bridge in London. I am open to the public.
8. I am England's longest river.
9. I am a county, famous for its cider, whose main town is Taunton.
10. I am a city on the Humber Estuary in the East Riding Of Yorkshire.
11. I am a seaside resort on the south coast. I am the setting for a Graham Greene novel whose title contains my name.
12. I am a suburb of London, famous for its observatory and naval history.
13. I am a London palace, now home to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
14. I am a Yorkshire coastal town and the home of James Cook who 'discovered' Australia for the British.
15. I am the highest mountain in England.
16. I am a London museum containing the Rosetta Stone, used to decipher Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
17. I am the most southerly point in England.
18. I am a suburb of London where England's Rugby Union team is based.
19. I am the name of a college in both Oxford and Cambridge.
20. I am England's most northerly town, whose local member of parliament recently called to be made part of Scotland.
Test your knowledge of England’s geography with this quiz…