Thanks for taking the quiz.
(If you haven’t yet taken the quiz it’s here: How well do you know England?)
Here are the answers anyway:
- Which city did poet Matthew Arnold call the ‘city of dreaming spires’?
- Which is the only town in England with a name ending with an exclamation mark?
- In which county would you find the White Cliffs of Dover?
- Which mountain range is often described as the ‘backbone of England’?
- Which county has Reading as its administrative capital?
- Which English county is the most westerly?
- On what river is Liverpool situated?
- What is the name of the tower containing Big Ben?
- Which sporting event is held each year at Henley?
- The M1 motorway connects London to which English city?
In the meantime here are some of the posts from the site which might interest you: