So how well did you do in our London Quiz? Here are the answers below:
1. What was the Roman name for London?
2. Who said ‘When a man is tired of London he is tired of life’?
Samuel Johnson (CORRECT)
3. Which of these British films was not set in London?
4. What is the royal name of the new Crossrail underground/train line to be opened in 2017?
Elizabeth line (CORRECT)
5. From which street did the Great Fire Of London start?
Pudding Lane (CORRECT)
6. From which ‘Palace’ did the BBC first broadcast TV pictures?
7. Which train station features in a Kinks song?
8. What is the name of the current Mayor Of London?
Sadiq Khan (CORRECT)
9. How many times has London hosted the (summer) Olympic Games?
10. What was the number of Sherlock Holmes’ Baker Street apartment?
11. Which country’s embassy was the scene of a siege eventually ended by the SAS in 1981.
12. The holder of which Government post lives at 11 Downing Street?
First Lord Of The Treasury
Chancellor Of The Exchequer
Chancellor Of The Duchy Of Lancaster
13. From which station did Harry Potter catch the Hogwarts train at platform 9 3/4
Kings Cross (CORRECT)
14. What is the name of London’s tallest building opened in 2012?
The Shard (CORRECT)
15. Which country provides Trafalgar Square’s Christmas Tree every year (as a thank you for the UK’s assistance in World War II)?
16. Which sport is played at Lords?
17. Which musician lived door to Handel’s old London residence?
Jimi Hendrix (CORRECT)
18. Which author stayed with her brother at 10 Henrietta Street in Covent Garden whenever in London?
Jane Austen (CORRECT)
19. What was the official death toll of the Great Fire Of London?
20. Which of the following is not a London Underground stop?
Park Green (CORRECT)