FREE England Photo Book
Receive PDF Ebook Packed With Gorgeous Photos Of London & The English Countryside.
Includes Subscription To EnglandExplore Members Newsletter
Test your knowledge of English history below:
1. What historical event's leader was Wat Tyler?
2. In which year did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister of the UK?
3. Which English Civil War faction did Oliver Cromwell lead?
4. Which famous British military leader was fatally wounded in the Battle Of Trafalgar?
5. How many of Henry VIII's wives were beheaded?
6. Which former Archbishop of Canterbury was burnt to death in Oxford in 1556?
7. Who lost the 1945 General Election, the first held after World War II?
8. Which industry's workers held a bitter year long strike in 1984?
9. Queen Victoria was named Empress of which country?
10. In which modern country is the site of the Battle Of Waterloo?
11. Who wrote "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" to a fellow scientist?
12. Who was the first woman to take her seat as a Member of Parliament?
13. In which Indian city did the so called 'Indian Mutiny' take place in 1857?
14. What were the Greenham Common protests about?
15. Which King had the nickname 'Longshanks'?
16. Which of these is not one of the battles of the Wars Of The Roses?
17. How old was Queen Elizabeth II at her coronation?
18. Whose last words were “All is lost. Monks, monks, monks.”
19. Operation _____ was the code name for the Battle of Normandy, the Allied invasion of German-occupied Western Europe during World War II.
20. Mary Seacome carried on what profession?
Please share this quiz to view your results.