How well do you know London?
Take our quiz to find out.
(The quiz questions are below. Answers are on page 2)
1. What was the Tate Modern before it was converted to a museum?
2. What kind of mammal famously swam up the River Thames into central London in 2006?
3. Which West London area was the setting, and title, of a rom-com starring Julia Roberts in 1999?
4. Which London Square is a regular host of movie premieres?
5. Where in London is the Rosetta Stone located?
6. How many times has London hosted the Olympic Games?
7. Which Tube Station is an anagram of ‘Squeals Era No’?
8. Which English king ordered the construction of the Tower of London in 1078?
9. Which is the only London borough to be split in two by the river?
10. What is the Gherkin? A building, restaurant or boat?
11. Which famous women’s prison is in the London Borough of Islington.
12. Which Duke lived at Number One, London?
13. Which famous jazz club can be found at 47 Frith Street?
14. Who was the only King or Queen to be born and and die in Buckingham Palace.
15. 1. What colour is the Bakerloo line on the Tube map?
16. South Ealing is one of two Tube stations containing all the vowels. What is the other?
17. Who or What is affectionately referred to as the ‘old lady of threadneedle street’ ?
18. The profits from ‘Peter Pan’ fund which London hospital?
19. Which London soccer team plays at Stamford Bridge?
20. What London play is the longest running production in history?